Demo day and announcement of Next Round conference
One month ahead of the biggest investment conference Next Round in Ljubljana, we organized a warmup Demo Day, featured by the most promising Slovenian startups with the potential for global growth.
The stage was occupied by startups and the hall was a balanced mix of investors, mentors and entrepreneurs. In just one hour we were able to evaluate the investment opportunities of companies:
- April8: a service to increase the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns,
- Iurall: a platform for selecting a legal expert,
- Feelif: technologies and content for learning the blind and partially sighted,
- Ollo Audio: audio monitoring system for professional sound engineers,
- Vigo: A motor insurance platform and application.
Ahead of the pitching, Aljoša Domijan, head of the organizing committee, presented the Next Round investment conference. Next round will on the 12th November gather investors that have average ticket size 100k and invest in this region with the most promising startups with »unicorn« potential.
He announced there will be no classic pitches, but intense 1on1 meetings that will lead to next round deals.
It is an invite only event, mainly aimed at investors and startups. Other applications will be confirmed according to capacity. Applications are open at www.nextround.eu.
The demo day was organized by four organizations that encourage startup growth, ABC Accelerator, Business Angels of Slovenia, Ljubljana University Incubator and Technology Park Ljubljana, with support from the Slovenian Enterprise Fund and the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology.